Business and Financial Services
A sampling of possibly agency placements.
- Banking. Local banks provide opportunities for student in various departments, such as mortgages, small business loans, and marketing.
- Greater Southern Dutchess Chamber of Commerce. There are positions available for juniors and seniors. Interns work on media projects for marketing and help build membership. Knowledge of audio-visual software aids is a plus. There are also positions available in the general office.
- Poughkeepsie Chamber of Commerce. Interns assist with the production of a newsletter. They also conduct and participate in demographic and other kinds of research.
- Government Affairs Committee. Interns assist with the development of relationships between local area businesses and the local, state, and national elected officials.
- New York City Internships. There are a variety of placements available. However, students who are seeking a placement in Manhattan are advised to make an early appointment to meet with the director, due to the time it takes to locate and organize these placements. Resume required.